Below is a list of commonly asked questions about applying to the SALT Center.
SALT Center Application Frequently Asked QuestionsClick or enter to reveal information below
Freshmen, Transfer, and Currently Enrolled UA Students:
What is the SALT Center application deadline?
The SALT Center application deadline for Fall 2018 is May 1, 2018.
Due to limited space in our program, the priority deadline for Fall 2018 is March 1, 2018.
These deadlines apply to Freshmen and Transfer students, new to the University of Arizona (UA), as well as currently enrolled UA students.
Do I have to be admitted to the University of Arizona to use SALT Center services?
- While UA acceptance is not required to apply to the SALT Center, your eligibility to enroll in the program may only be determined upon admission to the UA
- If deemed eligible to enroll in the SALT Center, two mandatory steps are required to finalize enrollment
What materials are necessary for a complete SALT Center application?
The following materials are necessary for a complete application:
- A finished and submitted SALT Center Online Application
- Uploaded documentation of a learning or attention difference*
- A thorough response to the Reflection Prompt
- A complete payment of the SALT Center Application Processing Fee (fee waivers are honored)
* Candidates who have not been diagnosed with a learning or attention difference, and/or do not have documentation to submit are prompted to complete an additional reflection prompt as outlined in Step 5.
My documentation is password protected. Is it okay to upload it to the application?
Because it delays the review process, we ask candidates to not password protect any document that is uploaded to our application. However, if this is insurmountable for you, then please either share the password in your reflection prompt, or please contact the SALT Center Admissions Team via email (see below).
How long is the application review process?
Using Rolling Admission, if a student (1) has been accepted to the UA and/or is currently enrolled; and (2) has a complete SALT Center application on file, the review period is generally 1-2 weeks
Between November 1 and March 1, decisions make take up to three weeks.
If you meet the criteria above, and it has been more than three weeks, then please contact the SALT Center Admissions Team via email (see below).
What is the definition of Rolling Admission?
"Rolling Admission: Students apply at any time after a college begins accepting applications until a final closing
date, which may be as late as the start of the term for which they are applying. Students are notified of a decision
as their applications are completed and are reviewed." (NACAC, 2017, p.5).
National Association for College Admission Counseling, (2017, September 18). Statement of Principles of Good Practice: NACAC’s Code of Ethics and Professional Practices. Retrieved from https://www.nacacnet.org/advocacy--ethics/statement-of-principles-of-goo....
I received an email saying I am eligible to enroll. How do I secure my spot in your program?
After you are eligible to enroll in the SALT Center, two mandatory steps are required to finalize enrollment:
- SALT Center New Student Participation Agreement
- Register for and attend a SALT Center Enrollment Event and UA New Student Orientation
The Next Steps Center is the place to go to complete these requirements.
Why must I complete my SALT Center Enrollment Steps so early?
Candidates who neglect to finalize enrollment by May 1, 2018 may be subject to our Waiting List (see below).
We're a small center with a limited number of spots for new students each fall. Not every candidate who applies, and receives a spot in our program, chooses to enroll. The sooner a candidate commits, the higher the chance of avoiding our Waiting List.
If you're waiting for decisions from other institutions, we recommend completing our steps today.
If your plans change, you are free to cancel your SALT Center application by submitting a written response (email, fax, or letter) to the SALT Center Admissions Team, (only a student may request cancellation of a SALT Center application!)
The $200 SALT Center Enrollment Fee and UA Enrollment Fee are both refundable if the candidate chooses not to enroll in our program and/or attend UA.
The refund deadline for the SALT Center Enrollment Fee is May 15, 2018.*
The refund deadline for the UA Enrollment Fee is May 15, 2018.**
* The SALT Center Enrollment Fee is $200 and it posts to the candidate's Bursar's Account, after the student submits our Participation Agreement on the Next Steps Center. There is a deadline associated with it that is set by the Bursar's Office. Please pay it by the due date to avoid late charges from the Bursar's Office. If a candidate's plans change, a written application cancellation request is required from the candidate, on or before May 15, 2018.
** The UA Enrollment Fee is $395. It is paid on the Next Steps Center. The refund deadline is May 15, 2018 if the student cancels undergraduate admission. Please contact Undergraduate Admissions at 520-621-3237 with questions about this fee and the application cancellation policy (only a student may request cancellation of an undergraduate application!)
Do you use a Waiting List?
Yes. After we reach enrollment capacity for Fall 2018, we may choose to initiate a Waiting List.
Candidates who are placed on the Waiting List may have an opportunity to enroll in our program beginning with the Spring 2019 term.
When do you start the Waiting List?
Historically, we have initiated a Waiting List at the beginning of March. We strongly advise candidates to apply early to avoid being placed on a Waiting List. Candidates who do not submit an application and/or neglect to finalize enrollment by May 1, 2018 may be subject to our Waiting List.
I have not yet applied to the SALT Center, and I understand you have a Waiting List. How do I add my name to it?
Before a student is eligible to be added to the waitlist, they must:
(1) be accepted to UA
(2) have a complete Fall 2018 SALT Center application on file
(3) have been deemed Eligible to Enroll by the SALT Center Admissions Team.
Who do I contact with application questions and how long does it take to hear back?
Please email Max Jackson at email@example.com with any questions about accessing the SALT Center online application for Fall 2018. Please include the candidate's first and last name in the email subject line. A response will be sent within 24-48 hours, depending on the time of year and other circumstances. The candidate will always be included in the response when necessary and warranted.
We greatly appreciate your interest in the SALT Center, and are here to assist you with your questions about this program.
If you have questions about something that is not covered in this FAQ section, please email Max Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.