Enrollment Events 2021
New Student ExperienceClick or enter to reveal information below
Thursday, August 19th, 2021 at the University of Arizona (in-person)
Check in at the SALT Center (Patricia A. Bartlett Building) between 3:00pm – 3:30pm. Event goes from 3:30pm – 4:45pm.
The SALT Center’s New Student Experience (NSE) is an event designed to provide relevant and timely information to incoming students just prior to the start of classes. Students will learn about time management, study skills, and other university resources, as well as make new friends.
All incoming students enrolled in the SALT Center for the first time are expected to attend. No further registration is required.
Remember to bring your laptop computer.
New Parent ExperienceClick or enter to reveal information below
Thursday, August 19th, 2021 from 2:00pm - 3:00pm (virtual event)
Families and supporters will better understand how students will engage with SALT Center services and how to support their new Wildcats through the first semester.
- Student Services
- Student Support Specialists
- Psychological and Wellness Services
- Flexible in-person and online meetings
Register by Tuesday, August 17th
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Can’t Attend? Email Laurel Grigg Mason at email@example.com if you would like to receive a copy of the recording.
If you have questions about access or would like to request any disability-related accommodations that will facilitate your full participation in this event such as ASL interpreting, CART captioning, captioned videos, Braille, or electronic text, etc., please contact Laurel Grigg Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 626-1941.
Gear-UpsClick or enter to reveal information below
Get ready for fall by attending our Gear-Ups on educational technology. Topics cover essential UA software, online learning platforms, and educational apps for academic success. Gear-Ups will help you set up your digital workspace with a system for keeping track of assignments, emails, & appointments. These are hands-on sessions, which may involve setting up alerts, installing software, and learning how to use apps for note taking, reading, writing, & studying.
Enrollment Event DatesClick or enter to reveal information below
SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA New Student Orientation
(all taking place virtually online)
- June 3, 2021: SALT Center
- June 4, 2021: UA
- June 10, 2021: SALT Center
- June 11, 2021: UA
- June 14, 2021: UA*
- June 15, 2021: SALT Center*
*Please note that this pair of dates is in reverse order, but is still the same information, the order is not important.
- June 17, 2021: SALT Center
- June 18, 2021: UA
- June 22, 2021: SALT Center
- June 23, 2021: UA
- June 24, 2021: SALT Center
- June 25, 2021: UA
Transfer & Continuing UA Students
- August, 2021 (before the start of classes): SALT Center
Exact date and details will be provided by the SALT Center Admissions Team at a later date.
Enrollment Event DetailsClick or enter to reveal information below
Virtual enrollment event details
- SALT Center Families will be sent a link to access the virtual enrollment event on the date they have selected for their session
- Students and parents/guardians should complete the session together
- The session can be completed at anytime the date of your event.
- Upon completion of the session, an email will be sent asking for an additional form to be completed. Receipt of this form will indicate full completion of the session.
Transfer & Current Students
This Enrollment Event is conducted in August before the start of classes. More information will be provided by the SALT Center Admissions Team at a later date.
Enrollment Event ChecklistClick or enter to reveal information below
Fulfill the following two enrollment steps before MAY 1, 2021 to reserve a spot in our academic support program. Spots are limited.
Historically, April 1st has been the date that the SALT Center has reached capacity and initiated a Waiting List. SALT Center candidates are encouraged to submit a complete application and complete our enrollment steps by this date in order to have the highest chance of avoiding the waiting list.
1. SUBMIT a SALT Center New Student Participation Agreement
You will find a SALT Center New Student Participation Agreement on the UA Next Steps Center website at nextsteps.arizona.edu. The agreement must be submitted in order to officially reserve your place in the SALT Center for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Please note that by enrolling in the SALT Center you are agreeing to:
(1) participate for a minimum of two consecutive semesters
(2) pay a program fee for academic support services
Important Note: After submitting your New Student Participation Agreement, a SALT Center enrollment fee of $200 will be charged to your UA Bursar’s account. The SALT Center enrollment fee also covers the cost of the SALT Center New Student Enrollment Event.
Expect the SALT Center program fee to be billed to your UA Bursar’s account in July.
Attendance is required at the SALT Center Enrollment Event and at the UA New Student Orientation.
In order to prepare you to become a University of Arizona student using SALT Center services, the SALT Center and the UA will conduct several events for new students that span through June 2021
Freshmen: The SALT Center Enrollment Event is scheduled on the day before the UA Orientation
Freshmen can Register for both the SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA Orientation by selecting one pair of dates listed on the UA Next Steps Center website at nextsteps.arizona.edu.
Transfer & Current UA Students: The format of the SALT Center Enrollment Event has not yet been determined, but may be in person or virtual, dependent on the Covid-19 conditions at the time. Registration for this event will be conducted by the SALT Center Admissions Team. More information will be provided at a later date.
- When registering for Orientation in UA Next Steps Center, students will select both the SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA Orientation with one click.
- SALT Center Enrollment Event and UA Orientation are separate events.
- SALT Center Enrollment Event and UA Orientation date confirmations will be sent in separate emails. Check your CatMail (ex: email@example.com) account for these notifications.
- Changes made to Orientation/Enrollment Event must be done through nextsteps.arizona.edu