Explore Educational Technology
Get ready for Fall by attending our Gear-Ups on educational technology. Topics cover essential UA software, online learning platforms, and educational apps for academic success. Gear-Ups will help you set up your digital workspace with a system for keeping track of assignments, emails, & appointments. These are hands-on sessions, which may involve setting up alerts, installing software, and learning how to use apps for note taking, reading, writing, & studying. Multiple times are available. Sign up for one session per topic.
UA Must-HavesClick or enter to reveal information below
Ready, Get Set, Get Tech!
- Install free UA software (MS Office & Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)
- Learn how to use D2L & Zoom
- Set up alerts!
- Get organized
- Catmail organization
- Important UA Bookmarks
- Create course folders
Note Taking AppsClick or enter to reveal information below
Note Taking Apps with Audio Recording Features
iPads & Macbooks
Otter AI App
Zoom Live Transcription
Read Aloud TechClick or enter to reveal information below
Read & Write software (free thru UA)
- Listen to your readings at the speed that works for you.
- Turn your readings into a MP3.
- Collect highlights & transfer them onto another doc to create a study guide or instant outline
MS Immersive Reader
- Reads aloud (best voices available through MS 365 Word, MS 365 OneNote, & MS Edge browser
- Change fonts, font size, & spacing between words
- Change color of backgrounds & fonts
- Line, page, or paragraph focusing
Time ManagementClick or enter to reveal information below
Time Management with Google Solutions & D2L Calendar Feeds
D2L Course Calendar Feeds
- Add schedule & course calendars into Google calendar from D2L
- Color-code each course calendar
- Set reminders
- Add weekly appointments with SALT Center Specialist
Turn your Catmail & Calendar into a productive work space!
- Show Task & Keep Panel to create memos, reminders, & checklists.
- Drag/drop emails to create tasks
- Add Chrome Extensions
- Add Mobile apps for Tasks & Keep
View in work panels in Catmail, on Chrome extensions, & apps
What to Bring!Click or enter to reveal information below
These are Hands-On Workshops!
- Bring your laptop!
- Know your passwords! Know your laptop password. Know your UA NetID & password.
- Make sure you are an Admin on your laptop for permission to make installations.
- Know your Apple ID if attending Note Taking for Mac.