Check out all of the ways you can get involved.
Student AmbassadorsClick or enter to reveal information below
The SALT Center Student Ambassador, enrolled in our services, is part of a leadership program within the center. The Ambassador is a paid student employee who is required to manage time, organize a schedule, set professional goals to be successful as an employee, and adapt to different work environments. SALT Center Ambassadors have an opportunity to practice public speaking skills as they participate with staff at different events, such as: high school visits, college fairs, and weekly general information sessions. Occasionally, Ambassadors participate in follow-up to contacts made at college fairs, conduct phone calls to applicants related to completion of an online application, and assist staff during SALT Center Enrollment Events.
The work experience SALT Center Ambassadors gain equates to professional development. Ambassadors get to learn what it is like reporting to a manager. They are asked to juggle work and life in addition to managing a rigorous class schedule and campus involvement. Students engage with the recruitment and enrollment process by interacting with families managing a college search process. The perspective given by an Ambassador is vital, because some families know right away that UA is their first choice. Others, particularly from out of state, are researching multiple colleges with similar academic support programs. A unique aspect of the SALT Center Ambassador role is that students get to learn how to create memorable first-time campus experience and safe environment to discuss learning differences.
As a SALT Center Ambassador Team Member You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Learn about Strategic Enrollment Management
- Lead SALT Center tours for prospective students, families, educational professionals, & UA colleagues
- Participate in general information sessions as a panel member
- Interact with attendees at SALT Center Enrollment Event sessions
- Establish a positive first time impression of the SALT Center and UA with the student and their family
- Assist with the organization of special SALT Center events
- Host SALT Center information tables at community and UA recruitment events
- Share individual SALT Center and UA experiences via university publications and media
Benefits to Joining the SALT Center Ambassador Team:
- Career preparedness (Academic or Non-Academic)
- Collaboration/teamwork opportunities
- Communication skill building
- Wear a SALT Center polo shirt and name tag
- Earn $8.00 an hour
- Apply executive functioning skills learned at the SALT Center within a job setting
- Capitalize upon opportunities for professional growth
- Strengthen communication and public speaking skills
- Develop understanding of the value of: collaboration, teamwork, and time management
- Increase public speaking, presentation, and communication skills
- Gauge when to use appropriate phone etiquette techniques
- Evaluate the strength of your own customer service ability
- Maintain a 2.0 or better cumulative GPA
- Completion of at least one year at UA and the SALT Center successfully
- (This means that the student is in good standing with UA and is engaged regularly with SALT Center Services by: choosing to remain enrolled in our program continuously, meeting weekly with their Strategic Learning Specialist, utilizing our Tutoring services, and attending workshops).
- Eligible to work as a SALT Center Ambassador:
- (This means that the student employee has submitted all new hire paperwork to the SALT Center Administrative Associate and successfully completed a mandatory job training session).
Social MediaClick or enter to reveal information below
The SALT Center Student Group on Facebook is a private community reserved only for UA students who use SALT Center services. A place to share events, tips, successes, ideas, invites to study groups/reviews, etc.
Follow our public Instagram account @saltcenter to get the latest news about upcoming events and opportunities and to join-in on conversations that matter to you.
BEAR DOWN NETWORK
Join the SALT Center group to get connected with other students and SALT Center/UA alumni throughout the world. Opportunities exist for mentorships, internships, career advice, and much more!
SALT Center Student Resource HubClick or enter to reveal information below
The SALT Center Student Resource Hub is accessed through D2L* and it's where we post announcements, workshops, and tutoring events. The hub is also a great place to find study strategies, calendar tools, links to resources, and instructional videos.
If you need help navigating or accessing the SALT Center Student Resource Hub, please make an appointment with a Tech Coach through TutorTrac.
*D2L is the online learning management system used for most UA classes.