Important policies and resources
Individual appointments, the Reading & Writing Lab, and the Math & Science Lab are available during the week at the following times:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
NetID+ Required to Log In to TutorTrac
NetID+, 2-factor authentication, is now required to log in to TutorTrac to increase the security of your information. Sign up for NetID+ at https://netid-plus.arizona.edu/.
TutorTrac and How-To VideosClick or enter to reveal information below
View these videos below to learn how to manage your tutoring appointments in TutorTrac™
- How to schedule tutoring appointments
- How to cancel tutoring appointments
- How to sign up for text message reminders
- How to sign in for your tutoring session at the kiosk
- How to update your phone number in UAccess (video coming soon)
Click HERE to access TutorTrac™ or click the link in the upper-right corner of the page. Log in with your UA NetID and password**.
**NetID+ is required to log in to TutorTrac. Sign up for NetID+ at https://netid-plus.arizona.edu/.
Tutoring PoliciesClick or enter to reveal information below
- Providing tutors for all courses is our top priority, however it cannot be guaranteed that tutors will be available for every course.
- Students can make appointments up to 2 weeks in advance but not within 24 hours of the appointment time.
- Students are limited to 2 appointments with the same tutor in 1 day and no more than 3 appointments with the same tutor for the same course in 1 week.
- Students may, and are encouraged to, request a consistent weekly appointment with a tutor by submitting a Standing Appointment Request Form (available the 2nd week of the semester).
Lab Drop-In Policies
- When entering the lab, students should notify the tutor that s/he would like assistance. The tutor will then indicate the student's place in the queue.
- Tutors will assist all drop-in students for a minimum of 15 minutes depending on how many students are using the lab at the time.
- Students are welcome to continue working independently in the lab and receive periodic assistance from tutors as available.
- All appointments must be cancelled 24 hours in advance or the student will be issued a No Show.
No Show PolicyClick or enter to reveal information below
To avoid a No Show:
- You must cancel the appointment in TutorTrac™ at least 24 hours in advance
- If you need to cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you must call 520-626-1625
- Cancelling with less than 24 hours may be recorded as a No Show
No Show Consequences
- Each time a student "No Shows" a tutor, s/he loses the opportunity to learn and the tutor does not get paid.
- After a student accumulates three No Shows, from any of the tutoring centers, the student will be blocked from scheduling new appointments with tutors
- The student must continue to attend all previously scheduled appointments with tutors until told otherwise
- To lift the scheduling block, the student must participate in a No Show Conference with a tutoring team member
NOTE: No Show Conferences are intended to discuss any concerns or issues that may be causing difficulty in the tutoring sessions as well as reinforcing the importance of promptness and attendance to all scheduled appointments
Learning ResourcesClick or enter to reveal information below
Learning styles and the writing process:
Writing Resources Handouts:
- Analysis Toolbox
- Editing Checklist
- How to Use a Writing Tutor
- Introduction Structures
- Key Words for Organizing Info
- Personal Cultural Context
- Powerful Verbs for Essays
- Rhetorical Analysis Worksheet
- Rhetorical Strategies by Appeal
UA Writing Resources
Additional Learning Strategies Handouts: