SALT Center Student Ambassadors
The SALT Center Student Ambassador program presents a prestigious leadership opportunity accompanied by professional benefits. As paid student employees, Student Ambassadors cultivate essential skills in time management, organization, and adaptability with various opportunities to refine their public speaking abilities by representing the center at events like high school visits and college fairs.
Student Ambassadors assume a crucial role in the SALT Center's recruitment and enrollment process. They are responsible for guiding prospective students and their families by offering valuable insights into the various advantages of attending the University of Arizona and our diverse range of academic support programs. Ambassadors create a warm and inclusive environment, encouraging open discussions about learning differences.
Joining our team allows members to acquire practical work experience, learn to balance work responsibilities with academics and campus involvement, and make a lasting impact on fellow students and their families. Our goal for the program is for it to serve as a catalyst for personal and professional growth in the lives of our ambassadors.
Our Current Ambassadors
Being an integral part of the SALT Center, the responsibilities of our Student Ambassadors are diverse. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead SALT Center tours for prospective students, families, educational professionals, & University of Arizona colleagues
- Interact with attendees at SALT Center Enrollment Event sessions
- Establish first-time impressions of the SALT Center and the University of Arizona with the student and their family
- Learn about Strategic Enrollment Management and participate in general information sessions as a panel member
- Assist with the organization of special SALT Center events
- Host SALT Center information tables at community and UA recruitment events
- Share individual SALT Center and UA experiences via university publications and media
With the various responsibilities of the position, the benefits are numerous!
- Offers the highly valuable benefit of enhanced career preparedness, training you in professional skills for both academic and non-academic pathways.
- Collaboration/teamwork opportunities
- Communication skill building
- Wear a SALT Center polo shirt and name tag
- Earn a good hourly wage
- Apply executive functioning skills learned at the SALT Center within a job setting
- Capitalize upon opportunities for professional growth
- Strengthen communication and public speaking skills
- Develop an understanding of the value of collaboration, teamwork, and time management
- Increase public speaking, presentation, and communication skills
- Gauge when to use appropriate phone etiquette techniques
- Evaluate the strength of your own customer service ability
- Maintain a 2.0 or better cumulative GPA
- Completion of at least one year at UA and the SALT Center successfully
- (This means that the student is in good standing with UA and is engaged regularly with SALT Center Services by choosing to remain enrolled in our program continuously, meeting weekly with their Student Support Specialist, utilizing our Tutoring services, and attending workshops).
- Eligible to work as a SALT Center Ambassador:
- (This means that the student employee has submitted all new hire paperwork and successfully completed a mandatory job training session).